I should be working on my novel but I wanted to drop in and write up a wrap-up for 2015. 2015 was a good year for me, or at least it was as I remember it right now. I have a house, and my cats have finally settled from the move and are no longer hiding. See, here they are.
I have furniture (that’s a long, long story) and I’m not sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Yay! I have a back yard and a porch and a garage. I have WiFi and a washing machine and an oven that works and hot water. Life is pretty good. Sure, I want to paint the horrible blue and pink bathroom and the water pressure isn’t the greatest but it’s all mine. I have however long I live here to make changes.
All right, I’m listening to the podcast Limetown as I write this so hopefully, I’m not too distracted. I’m glad I found out it was a fictional story before I started listening. It’s creepy. It’s about a town where 200 people disappeared and an investigator (in the Serial podcast fashion) tries to find out what happened. Oh, season two of Serial has started if you don’t know. I like podcasts. They’re like old timey radio shows. I like the stripped down intimacy of listening to voices and not being assaulted by over-saturated visuals.
Back to the purpose of this post, the other big thing that happened in 2015 was discovering I’m asexual and knowing for the first time in my life that I’m not defective or damaged. It’s hard changing 40+ years of a negative self-image. Finding out there is a welcoming asexual community online is like the best grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever had. I’m still working on what all this means to me. There’s a million ways to be asexual. I would like to be in a relationship if that’s possible. I just don’t think most people would put up with me.
I don’t have any New Years resolutions. Sure, there’s stuff I want to make a better effort on but NY resolutions don’t last.
Happy 2016, everyone. I hope this new year will be the best one yet for you.
I’ve been house shopping and through my journey of looking at house photographs online, I’ve seen and noticed some odd things.
- I don’t know if I would count this a real bathroom but the listing for this house did.
2. Holy cow! What is standing in the corner.
3. Does it look like this house has a halo?
4. Why would anyone wood panel a kitchen?
5. What’s going on here?
6. This bathroom has wild wild west saloon style doors.
7. I feel like this house is staring back at me.
8. Apparently, a professionally staged home must have something diagonal in it.
It worked! Neutrino is not happy with me now.
If you’re not familiar with #TrumpYourCat, check out this link.
I tried to convince them this would be a fun activity, but my cats refused to play along with this Trump nonsense. Jackie Chan is all for Hillary and Neutrino likes Bernie Sanders.
Jackie Chan allowed me to brush her but refused to model her hair piece.
Neutrino refused to let me brush him so I had to use Jackie’s hair. Neutrino refused to model the hair piece too.
Oh, well, they’re cats. What can you do.
My cats love to help me just as much as these spinx kittens in this video love helping make the bed.
Neutrino helps me garden.
Jackie Chan helps me clean out the dresser.
Neutrino gives a ‘relaxing’ message.
Obligatory cat photo.
I haven’t around WordPress recently. Sorry to my regular blog readers, all three of you. I wish I could report that fabulous amazing things have kept me from updating, but meh, no. So here’s, a bit of what’s going on.
- Still have not gotten a couch. I will someday. It’s just a lot of work.
- I still have not finished the story I am writing, but I have only three scenes left to finish. Although, I am so excited about this, I have no idea how long it will take to finish.
- I got off the meditation track. I’m starting over again.
- Yoga. I’m taking a beginner’s yoga workshop on Mondays in June. I’m really looking forward to it.
And finally, Happy Asexual Visibility Day.